Senior Web Developer
Lucas has been with Ellucian Web Services for over 17 years. Lucas is responsible for planning, front-end development, and delivery oversight of websites utilizing WordPress, as well as all backend coding. Lucas also works with customers to gather requirements, identify goals and objectives, and develop plans for site design and content implementation. He leads collaboration between the front-end development and backend development teams, ultimately responsible for the quality of all aspects of the website.
Outside of work, Lucas enjoys spending time with his wife on the lake, trail riding, and participating in corn hole tournaments. He lives in cold Michigan with his wife, Jennifer, and their three cats.
- Plan, coordinate and develop various aspects of web sites, web applications and mobile applications.
- Gathers feedback from design and technical staff on Web site development needs.
- Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Authors complex Web pages.
- Assists in project planning and Web site design.
- Creates prototypes and functional specifications for software projects.
- Creates technical methodologies for engineering solutions to Web-based development problems.
- Meets with engineering personnel on specifics of projects, new technologies, and deadlines.
- Determines new Web technologies to utilize, such as browsers, languages, and plug-ins, based on company’s needs.
- Conceptualizes long-term needs of Web development and plans and manages related projects.
- Makes suggestions on creating Web-based technical standards for specific Web sites and the company as a whole.
- Participate in efforts to improve the overall Web development and delivery process.
- Adheres to technical standards of Web application development and architecture including scripting, database design, and user interface design.
- Receives direction from project managers and team managers to satisfy stated and unstated objectives while reporting through the Web Services Practice.
- Demonstrates the behaviors of a Web professional committed to serving the needs of multiple clients and the advancement of the profession as a studied discipline.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and all applicable technologies, including scripting, security issues, authoring tools, graphic design tools, new languages, methods of service delivery, and consultative practices.
Areas of Expertise
- WordPress Theme Development
- WordPress Plugin Development
- WordPress Site Management
- WordPress REST API
- WordPress Multisite
- WooCommerce Core
- WooCommerce Extensions
- User portal sites with PHP/WordPress
- GIT Version control.